Family Volunteer Days is a NEW! program designed for adults and children to volunteer together in a safe, educational, and rewarding setting. Led by a professional humane educator, Family Volunteer Days allows families with children ages 6-17 to participate in everyday volunteer activities at our shelter. Activities could include: cleaning kennels, condos, or enclosures, cleaning transport vehicles, weeding, making enrichment activities, laundry, and more.
Pricing is per person with a maximum of 5 people per family.
$10 per adult and $5 per child.
- Participants must have a respect for animals, other participants and instructors.
- Participants must be able to follow direction and have an eagerness to learn.
- Those with extreme allergies to small mammals, birds, dogs, or cats should not attend.
- Youth participants must be at least 6 years old. No exceptions.
- Participants must come prepared for physical labor and wear appropriate clothing (i.e. close-toed shoes and pants).
- Adult participants must be able to lift 25 lbs.